In-Zone Enrolment Form
Please complete forms below and return to : email@example.com
Vision and Hearing Consent Form
We will require a copy of proof of address for our in zone applications. This could be in form of a “utility bill”or “rental agreement”.
Birkdale Primary School (1230)
Effective from (1 July, 2021)
The guidelines for development and operation of enrolment schemes are issued under section 11G (3) of the Education Act 1989 for the purpose of describing the basis on which the Secretary’s powers in relation to enrolment schemes will be exercised.
From the 1st July 2021 enrolment at BIrkdale Primary School is governed by a Ministry of Education approved enrolment scheme, which includes a zone that is set out below. A full copy of the enrolment scheme can be viewed below. The Education Act sets out the purposes of an enrolment scheme to ensure that the selection of applicants for enrolment at the school is fair and to ensure that the best use is made of existing networks of State schools. Students living within the Birkdale Primary School zone have automatic right of entry under the scheme. Students living outside of the Birkdale Primary School zone will have another school that is reasonably convenient to their place of residence that they will be entitled to attend. You can find information about the location of other schools and their enrolment zones at http://nzschools.tki.org.nz/.
All students who live within the home zone described below and/or shown on the attached map shall be entitled to enrol at the school.
Starting at the intersection of Birkdale Road, Verran Road, and Rangatira Road, travel north along Birkdale Road (even addresses 2-200 only included and odd addresses 19-163 only included; Gatman Street, Seon Place, Stott Avenue, Saffron Street, Lanigan Street, Mackwood Place included; Tiri Tiri Road – even addresses 52 and below only included and odd addresses 59 and below only included) to the roundabout of Eskdale Road and Birkdale Road.
Travel east along Eskdale Road (even addresses 54 and below only included and odd addresses 55 and below only included; Fuchsia Place included) to the roundabout of Eskdale Road, Lauderdale Road (excluded) and Salisbury Road.
Travel southwest along Salisbury Road (both sides included; Bishopgate Street, Canongate Street, Abbeygate Street, Erewhon Place included) to Birkdale Road and then travel south along Birkdale Road back to the starting point.
All residential addresses on included sides of boundary roads and all no exit roads off included sides of boundary roads are included in the zone unless otherwise stated.
This priority category is awaiting approval by the Secretary.
In-Zone Enrolment procedure:
You will need to:
- Check that you live within the list of in-zone addresses below
- Fill in an enrolment application form available from the school office or electronically by clicking the link below.
- Provide proof of address (e.g. provide a utility bill in the parent’s name, an appropriate tenancy agreement, or a sale and purchase agreement).
- Provide a copy of the student’s birth certificate or passport.
- Complete a Vision and Hearing Testing screening approval form and a School Dental Service enrolment form.
- Provide immunisation details.
- Once all information has been supplied, enrolment will be confirmed by letter. If you move prior to your child starting you must notify the school and confirm your new address is within the school zone.
- It is important to note that an application for enrolment may be declined or an enrolment annulled if the Board believes on reasonable grounds that:
- false information has been given as to the student’s usual place of residence;
- or a temporary address for the student has been given for the purpose of gaining enrolment at the school. (section 11OA Education Act 1989)