Announcement : 

Term 2 : 29th April 2024 – 5th July 2024

In Zone Enrolment

In-Zone Enrolment Form 

Please complete forms below and return to :

Vision and Hearing Consent Form

Media permission form

We will require a copy of proof of address for our in zone applications.   This could be in form of a “utility bill”or “rental agreement”.


Enrolment Zone

Birkdale Primary School (1230)

Enrolment Scheme

Effective from (1 July, 2021)

The guidelines for development and operation of enrolment schemes are issued under section 11G (3) of the Education Act 1989 for the purpose of describing the basis on which the Secretary’s powers in relation to enrolment schemes will be exercised.

From the 1st July 2021 enrolment at Birkdale Primary School is governed by a Ministry of Education approved enrolment scheme, which includes a zone area.  The Education Act sets out the purposes of an enrolment scheme to ensure that the selection of applicants for enrolment at the school is fair and to ensure that the best use is made of existing networks of State schools.  Students living within the Birkdale Primary School zone have automatic right of entry under the scheme. Students living outside of the Birkdale Primary School zone will have another school that is reasonably convenient to their place of residence that they will be entitled to attend. 




In-Zone Enrolment procedure:

You will need to:

  • Check that you live in an in-zone address.  

    To check your zone status for Birkdale Primary School, click the link below to enter your address. 

    MOE Check your enrolment zone

  • Fill in an enrolment application form available from the school office or electronically by clicking the link below.
  • Provide proof of address (e.g. provide a utility bill in the parent’s  name, an appropriate tenancy agreement, or a sale and purchase agreement).
  • Provide a copy of the student’s birth certificate or passport.
  • Complete a Vision and Hearing Testing screening approval form and a School Dental Service enrolment form.
  • Provide immunisation details.
  • Once all information has been supplied, enrolment will be confirmed by letter. If you move prior to your child starting you must notify the school and confirm your new address is within the school zone.

It is important to note that an application for enrolment may be declined or an enrolment annulled if the Board believes on reasonable grounds that:

  • false information has been given as to the student’s usual place of residence;
  • or a temporary address for the student has been given for the purpose of gaining enrolment at the school. (section 11OA Education Act 1989)