Board members and responsibilities
The Board of Trustees are elected from within the school’s community, both parents and caregivers, and the school staff. The principal is always a member of the Board and is the Board’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
The Board has the responsibility of setting the school’s direction and goals for educational outcomes and other areas . It does this through developing a Charter and Strategic Plans in conjunction with the principal and staff. Once the Board has developed a draft form it consults with, and seeks feedback from, the school community.
In developing the Charter and Strategic Plans the Board takes into account:
- important local educational needs
- directions it wants the school to take
- the National Educational Goals (NEGs) that have been set down by government
- the National Administration Guidelines (NAGs) that have been set down by government
The Board meets during the year to conduct its business. These meetings are open to all members of the school community.
Should the Board need to change any meeting dates the school community will be notified through the school newsletter.
2022 Board Meeting dates
Below are the remaining dates for BOT meetings in 2022. Please note these are subject to change.
20th June 2022
15th August 2022
19th September 2022
7th November 2022
5th December 2022
Birkdale Primary School Board of Trustees 2022
- Edward Rooney (Presiding Member) e: email@example.com
- Fiona Kemplen
- Nardia Haskell
- Nick Roud
- Jo Barr
- Natasha Teinakore (Principal)
- Laurie O’Connor (Staff representative)
- Leanne Blackmore (minute secretary)