Message from the Principal
Welcome to Birkdale Primary School – Kia ora tatou!
Our motto “Our aim: The highest” epitomises what we aspire to achieve for all our students as we learn together for a brighter future.
Birkdale Primary School (est 1894) is a magnificent school in the heart of a very supportive multicultural community. Our rich and enlivening range of ethnicities is cognisant of the Birkdale area and provides vast opportunities for our children to become highly literate and numerate through a wealth of experiences that come from our diverse community. We value our “kiwiness” whilst celebrating our cultural diversity.
At Birkdale Primary School we strive for excellence through the delivery of:
- Motivating and engaging teaching and learning programmes
- Personalising learning for students and teachers
- Rich resources
- Latest ICTs e.g interactive whiteboards, upgraded computer suite, future BLOGs for students to communicate learning directly to parents
- Well balanced interschool sport and PE programmes including Kiwisports
- Cultural groups i.e.Kapa Haka, Pasifika, dance
- Mainstream education for the majority of our children. We also have Te Puawaitanga, our Maori unit, for those who wish for full immersion of the Maori language
We are committed to building a dynamic place of learning through:
- Continued development of our awesome and committed teachers
- Enhancing student achievement
- Involving our parents and wider community to enhance academic, social and emotional outcomes for our children
- Our Positive Behaviour for Learning which involves not only the child but the staff and parents
We pride ourselves on:
- The warmth and friendliness of our children and our staff
- A strong and committed BoT
- An environmentally friendly school where our surroundings make a difference
We look forward to working with not only our students but also with you our parents. If you would like to know more about us, drop in for a coffee; we would love to meet you.